We ended up at the Aviary today after running some errands in the area, and we made it just in time for the bird show. Both boys were picked to help feed the Emu. The bird lady gave Holden a bowl of fruit and seeds and told him to stand very still. We had to say a magic word to get the bird to come out. I guess these birds are known for their speed and this Emu came running at Holden so quick I though Holden was going to pee his pants. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Holden didn't flinch as the bird came running at him but his face was frozen in terror.
We went to the desert to ride motorcycles too, and that was fun, only I'm finding that in my old age I am really nervous about motors and speed put together. Actually, most everything worries me, except for walks in the park. Seriously, it's pathetic!